Advancing Cannabis Research
Tilray is proudly pioneering the effort to further understand the therapeutic value of cannabis. Under the guidance of our independent Medical Advisory Board and through partnerships with leading research institutions globally, Tilray is currently supporting clinical trials around the world studying the efficacy of cannabis in treating indications including chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, essential tremor, childhood epilepsy and post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD). We have also assisted in developing and publishing numerous studies exploring the therapeutic effects of cannabis and its derivates and empowering patients to use it safely.
Alcohol-Use Disorder and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder- NYU School of Medicine
Tilray is supporting two clinical trials led by the NYU School of Medicine, testing the efficacy of CBD to treat patients suffering from Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and patients suffering from AUD comorbid with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Taxane-induced Neuropathy - Columbia University
Tilray is partnering with the Columbia University in New York to examine the effectiveness of medicinal cannabis on treating patients with Taxane-induced Neuropathy.
Pediatric epilepsy - Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children
Tilray medicinal cannabis products were used to support the Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) led study to evaluate the efficacy of CBD dominant oral solutions in children suffering from epilepsy.
Tilray is highly committed to continuously invest in research on the use of medicinal cannabis in various indications, partnering with leading research institutions, hospitals and universities around the world. This is the list of clinical trials supported by Tilray:
- Chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Severe behavioral problems in children with intellectual disabilities (Murdoch Children‘s Research Center, Australia)
- Cannabinoids and driving performance (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Pediatric epilepsy (Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), Canada)
- HIV/AIDS (McGill University, Canada)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (University of British Columbia, Canada)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (McGill University, Canada)
- Glioblastoma (Complutense University, Spain)
- Essential tremor (University of California-San Diego, USA)
- Taxane-induced neuropathy (Columbia University, USA)
- Alcohol Use Disorder – AUD (NYU School of Medicine, USA)
- AUD comorbid with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), (NYU School of Medicine, USA)